Shortshortshort.com Global

Tuesday, April 25, 2006

Please introduce yourself!

We are a diverse group, not only geographically, but in the degree and kind of experience we've had in translation. (And, yes, I have done some literary translation myself. I appreciate the difficulties you face!) One thing we share is a sense of adventure. I don't think anyone else has been running a subscription service like shortshortshort.com, and I know that no one else has created a community of translators like this.

Welcome! Please introduce yourselves to one another! We have business to talk, but let's begin by getting to know one another a little.

2 Comments:

  • Hello everybody!!!
    My name is Magda and I translate into Polish.
    I am pleased to meet you all and I wish for fruitful cooperation and exchange of ideas and experiences with promoting shortshort in the respective countries.
    I look forward to getting to know you.
    Magda

    By Blogger Magdalena, at 11:02 AM  

  • Hello, all of you. My name is Álvaro Góis and I'm portuguese. You can call me Alvaro.
    For the last year I've been developing my own publishing house, named OVNI (which in Portuguese means the same as UFO). We're now preparing our first books, one by argentinian author Fernando Sorrentino, a collection of his short-stories, some of them really short, the other by american prose poet Russel Edson. We're also working on a translation of Russian author Daniil Kharms and a colection of Brazilian master Machado de Assis. Our goal is to be a short-shorts publisher and make cool books (hopefully for a long time…)
    I'm very glad to join this project. I've met Bruce's writing in my search for short-shorts and was impressed by it and also by his subscription service. I was actually thinking of implementing something like this in Portugal when I contacted Bruce and he told me what was going on.
    I've been dealing with books for a long time (though I'm only 32), done just about everything: cover design, desktop publishing, proof-reading and translation. I've translated from Spanish and English, the other two languages I read besides Portuguese.
    I hope to be up to this task.
    Glad to meet you all :)

    By Blogger Alvaro, at 12:29 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home